Hello people of the internet! For Christmas I got a little cake pop maker from ‘Santa’ and I decided to try it out tonight. Through blood sweat and tears I managed to finish them in just under 1 hour. Here is the recipe for the perfect cake pop (if you are a white chocolate lover like myself).
*YOU WILL NEED A CAKE POP MAKER FOR THIS RECIPE*
110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
110g/4oz caster sugar
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
150g White Chocolate
300g Round sprinkles
1. Preheat your oven to 180*.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until mixture is creamy and pale.
3. Beat eggs in another bowl and gradually add them to your mixture.
4. Add vanilla extract and mix it in.
5. Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon and gradually add the milk.
6. Spoon mixture into cake pop maker and cook until cakes are golden brown. (cooking instructions may vary depending on brand of cake pop maker, instructions are on the box)
7. Once cake pops are finished, take them out of the maker and place them on a cooling rack to cool.
1. Melt white chocolate using a microwave, take out to stir every 25 seconds making sure your chocolate doesn’t burn.
2. Once cakes are cool and chocolate is melted, make a hole in the cake pop and put a stick into the hole. Then, dip the cake pop into the chocolate making sure you cover the whole cake.
3. After that you dip your white chocolate covered cake pop into the sprinkles and place them somewhere to set. I used a colander and flipped it upside down and then stuck the sticks into that.
I hope this recipe helped you out, if you have any questions feel free to comment.